We all want to make a difference – to be able to help friends in need. And, we’d like to know that something that we have done has been important to the lives of others. When you invest in the work of Townsend Smith Foundation, you help people – many of whom may be your friends, neighbours and loved ones, when they need it most.
There are many ways you can help
We are currently seeking donations to fund the building and maintenance of a ten bed residential hospice. Here are some ways in which you can participate:
- Honour a loved one who has died by making a Memorial Donation. Local funeral homes have Memorial Donation cards available or you can call 289-878-3407 or make a donation online.
- Whenever you want to honour a special occasion, say thank you, congratulations, or pay tribute to someone you care about, you can make a donation to Townsend Smith Hospice in their name. We will send a card to the family to let them know about your gift. For special occasions such as birthdays or anniversaries, suggest others give donations to Townsend Smith Hospice in lieu of gifts.
- Leave a lasting legacy for your community. When you are planning your estate, consider supporting Townsend Smith Hospice with a bequest in your will. Please discuss this option with the legal counsel of your choice.
- Donate a gift of Securities such as stocks, bonds or mutual funds. Please discuss this option with your financial planner or legal counsel.
- Name Townsend Smith Foundation as a beneficiary of a life insurance policy.
- Ask your employer to make a matching gift to Townsend Smith Foundation.
As well as monetary donations, there are many other ways you can make a difference today:
- Become an active Advocate.
- Convey your concerns to local, provincial and federal elected officials that Milton residents have access to high quality, compassionate end of life care options such as residential hospice programs.
- Spread the word about the advantages of a residential hospice in Milton.
- Support special events that benefit Townsend Smith Foundation.
- Invite a Speaker. Members of the Townsend Smith board would be happy to attend your meeting or function and talk about the need for a Hospice in Milton and our plans. To schedule a presentation, call 289-878-3407.
- Host a Fund-raising event for Townsend Smith Hospice. We’d be delighted to provide you with materials. Call 289-878-3407 with your ideas.
- Share your story. Townsend Smith Foundation would love to hear your experiences. It may be a story of how someone benefited from a hospice in another community or a story about someone who would have benefited from a residential hospice if there had been one available in our community. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Become a Volunteer. Hospice volunteers give a priceless gift to those who are affected by end-of-life challenges. They are ordinary people who make an extraordinary difference!
Whether you want to help others, meet new people or develop new skills – volunteering can enrich your life. With both short and long term volunteer opportunities, we can find a place that matches your interests, skills and availability.
For more information regarding volunteer opportunities with Townsend Smith Foundation, please complete and submit this form.
Volunteer Opportunities with Townsend Smith Foundation